AIM
Nangbaby

The Drawing Grounds The Drawing Grounds

This is pretty good. it reminds me of ArtPad's on-line canvas game from a few years back. Adding the element of multiplayer changes it from a fun tool to display one's art into an innovative feature that could push the less participatory among us to creators. The limited tools force people to be creative when drawing, and by showing how people draw their pieces, it allows people to learn the techniques of others.

As a suggestion, I strongly recommend there be a transparency option, where one could select a color and have it be varying degrees of translucent depending on the settings. For me, this would make the difference between "good" and "this is great."

Mattster responds:

Thanks for the review! Transparency is something that I have been thinking about. Currently I have a list of higher-priority things I wish to add, but if time is given, this may be added too :)

Run away Pucca Run away Pucca

Decent Art, but too simple

This game has a unique concept, the animations are nice, and the controls are responsive, but there are two glaring problems with it.

The first problem is a lack of polish in the finished product. There's no sound, no background, or any elements beyond the actual game itself.

The second problem, though, is more critical. Quite frankly, this game is too simple, and thus it becomes boring and repetitive. For this game to be enjoyable, there have to be a few barebones elements added. Trying to run away from Pucca for an eternity is just tedious, because there is no variation. Given that you allow for movement across the entire field, there needs to be more depth to the actual gameplay.

This would make a GREAT mini-game for a preloader, but as a standalone piece, it just doesn't work well.

Eurritimia responds:

Yeah, this game is kinda simple, I was a little bored when made it.
But thanks for your comment!

Animation Techniques Animation Techniques

Good...

This is a good tutotial for aspects of animation that is overlooked -- special effects and layers. While this could use a little polish and some more content, the techniques are explained well. Thanks for sharing this.

Isometric style drawing Isometric style drawing

A Decent Tutorial

This is a pretty good Tutorial, even though it's a little spare in terms of content. Still it's paced well and explains what it does well. Iit just needs a little more filling.

YotamGadgets - WritePad YotamGadgets - WritePad

Okay...

There's nothing really wrong with this, but there's nothing "right" with it either? What is the use of a tool such as this if you have a variety of text editor such as SimpleText, NotePad, pico, etc.?

Luminara Luminara

Amazing Flash Game

On a side note, I clicked on this because I once named a character Luminara. Good thing this game turned out better than she did.

This game is amazing. This game is in essence Asteroids, but pumped up on steroids with great music and homing asteroids, polygons that cast a virtual Tholian Web, and an aiming system! All this works because of a responsive controls. Wonderful work. Just wonderful.

Super Tetris V.2 Super Tetris V.2

A Decent Tetris

The graphics took some getting used to, but I actually came to appreciate the colors and style you used. It actually made the game easier because the blocks are way more distinctive.

My biggest problem is that your pieces "lock" way too fast. I don't expect it to like Tetris DS where the pieces don't seem to lock until you stop putting in commands, but at least let me have a chance shift the block after it has landed. While in some occasions I could do this, for the most part, I was left with gaps where I was certain I had shifted the block in time. (And I mean in Level 1!)

The music is very good, but a bit repetitive. I'm glad you provided an option to mute it. I'd rather have some decent SFX for the blocks and clearing lines.

By the way, you don't need a "next block" feature. As long as the core of the game is good, that other stuff doesn't matter.

nomadic-cupcake responds:

yeah, the white blocks still look strange to me... almost 3D ;)

-Between The Lines- -Between The Lines-

Good, but a critical flaw

This is a fun game, until it wouldn't let me play any further.

I got to level 24 and my arm actually got tired from holding the mouse. So I let it go. I didn't lose a life, but I had to do the level over again...well there's a problem. The "F" didn't reappear and as a result it was impossible for me to complete the level.

Also, the music is very repetitive and unintersting, and there's not much else in terms of sound.

It's good for wasting time, but because of this flaw doesn't hold much of a replay value.

Zombie Inglor Zombie Inglor

Well made...but too hard!

This game has amazing graphics, absolutely wonderful sound (voice acting, sound effects), and well thought out controls. But while this game looks nice, sounds nice, and even feels nice, there are too many problems with this game for me to warrant playing it more than once, despite being swallowed in its atmosphere.

One of the biggest problems with this game is the time limit and the flow of time. The problem isn't that you are given 30 days, but that days flow all the time, even when talking (you're punished for listening to the wonderful voice acting) or in battle. Given that it is difficult to tell what time it is in-game, this makes time-based triggers more frustrating than they need to be. This makes it even all the harder given that you need to level up to beat the first boss. (I had to level up to level 8, for goodness sakes).

Another problem with this game is that it's rather punishing in terms of difficulty. Often it's not clear what needs to be done in order to progress, and the boss battles do not progress in difficulty but instead are all over the place. The second boss is far easier than the maddening first, even though it's not at all clear how to get to him. Also, if you enter the wrong door in the next "dungeon," instead of receiving the necessary equipment you are forced into a boss battle which cannot be beaten without the item.

All and all, this would be a better game if it were slightly easier, as it would encourage people to play through the immense universe that is created. Right now, though, the game is set up for the player to fail. This makes the game barely playable, in my opinion.

Zelda Invaders 2 Zelda Invaders 2

Inventive and hilarious!

This idea is both funny and fun. I think Link needs to be able to move faster though, in order for the control to be a little better, though.